Welcome, Social Work students!
This guide will help you find information about social work in several formats:
- journal articles (including peer-reviewed articles)
- web sites
If you need more help, contact us! See contact information in right column.
Tip -- Modifying searches
If you can't find what you want, you may have to experiment. Try different kinds of searches.
Example: You are looking for articles about social work with pregnant deaf teenagers. Here are some ways to change your search:
- try synonyms (words that have similar meanings). Subsitute
- "adolescents" for "teenagers"
- "single mothers" for "pregnant"
- "hearing impaired," "hard of hearing," or "hearing loss" for "deaf"
- break your search into smaller parts. Example:
- first look for articles about social work with deaf teenagers
- then look for articles about social work with pregnant teenagers
- eliminate "social work." Many articles that discuss the problems of pregnant deaf teenagers may have good information, even if they are not directly related to social work.